Some canned sauces just have little to no flavour… This sauce has both flavour and a dense consistency for a great Pizza! It can also be frozen in ziploc bags in portions with the air removed.
· Two 22 oz (680ml)cans Tomato Sauce
· One 6 oz (156ml) can Tomato Paste
· 1 Tablespoon Oregano
· 1 Tablespoon Basil
· 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
· 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
· 1 Teaspoon Salt
· 1 Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
· 1 Teaspoon Summer Savory (optional if you cannot find)
- Combine all ingredients in a deep sided skillet
- Over medium heat bring to a simmer
- Reduce heat leave simmer for 15 mins for flavours to blend
- Use it on pizza dough, pita, naan bread or as a dip!
Note – if freezing, allow to cool completely. Place portions in freezer bags, remove air and place in the freezer.