- 2 Medium Peppers
- 8 Wedges Laughing Cow Cheese (21g each)
- 2 Cups Spinach roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Sliced Thinly
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt (you can add a bit more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat Grill to 400F
- Slice Peppers lengthwise and remove seeds & membrane.
- Place peppers on the grill cut side up – cook for 10 mins – turning peppers over after 5 mins. (If doing in oven – roast on baking sheet cut side up for 10 mins). Leave cooked peppers rest (you can place in a baking dish and cover with plastic wrap to allow to continue to softened while making veggie mixture)*
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add oil sauté onions until soft – approximately 5 mins. Add sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, chopped spinach and spices. Cook for a few mins until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are softened.
- Remove sautéed vegetables from pan and place in a mixing bowl. Remove Laughing Cow Cheese wedges from packaging. Using a rubber spatula or large spoon incorporate cheese into warm veggie mixture until combined.
- Divide cheese and veggie mixture into 4 and spoon into cooked pepper halves.
- Top each with grated parmesan cheese.
- Return peppers to the grill for an additional 10 minutes.
* Initial Cooking Time – I like it when the peppers still have a hint of crunch (a la dente). If you prefer a really soft pepper – you can cook the peppers up to an additional 10 mins. Just watch for charring.
One thought on “Sautéed Veggie & Cheese Stuffed Peppers”