The Pampered Chef Coating trays work great for coating the fish fillets. Available here: Coating Trays
CRISPY PAN FRIED CAJUN HADDOCK
- 3 Tablespoon Olive or Canola oil
- 1 lb Haddock Fillets (will work with most white fish e.g. Cod, Sole, Tilapia, etc)
- 1/2 Cup white all-purpose flour (or all-purpose Gluten-Free)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning*
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 3/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs**
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare fish. If using frozen fillets make sure they have thawed fully. Fillets can be cut into smaller portions if needed – ie cut in portions roughly 4-5” (10-12cm) long.
- You will need 3 shallow bowls/trays***
- In the 1st bowl combine flour and Cajun seasoning.
- In the 2nd bowl beat 2 eggs.
- In the 3rd bowl combine breadcrumbs, dried parsley and parmesan (if using).
- One at a time, dredge the fillet in the following order:
- Flour mixture – coating evenly
- Egg mixture – ensure all areas covered with egg
- Press in Bread Crumb mixture – ensuring evenly coated with bread crumbs
- Set coated fillets aside on parchment or wax paper (to prevent sticking to the working surface)
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add oil and allow oil to come to temperature (30 secs).
- Working carefully as oil will be hot – add coated fillets one at a time to the skillet. Continue until the pan is full leaving space between fillets – note you may need to cook in two batches.
- Cook 2-3 mins per side or until golden brown. Take caution when flipping fillets as they will break if you are not careful. A Fish spatula is ideal for this.****
- Serve immediately.
*For Cajun Seasoning I like Emeril’s Essence – the recipe can easily be found online
**l like the Paneriso Gluten Free – adds nice crunch
***The Pampered Chef Coating trays work great for coating the fish fillets. Available here: Coating Trays
****The Pampered Chef Fish Spatula works great for this. Available here: Fish Spatula