SOUTHWESTERN GRILLED TURKEY BURGERS
- 1lb Ground Turkey (or Chicken)
- 1/2 Cup shredded Old Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Dehydrated Minced Onion (can substitute for minced fresh onion or shallot)
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced fresh Jalapeño pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients with ground turkey mixing well with a rubber spatula.
- Form burger patties using 1/2 cup of the mixed burger. A burger press works best for this task. Spray the press lightly with oil to prevent sticking in the press (will also help prevent sticking when grilling). If doing by hand – moisten hands with water lightly to shape burgers.
- Place shaped burgers on a platter and chill until ready to grill.*
- Grill over medium heat 5-6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches at least 165F
- Serve immediately.
- * Cut squares (4-5”) of parchment paper or wax paper to place burger on. This will allow you to put them on the grill more easily.
- The Pampered Chef Burger & Slider Press works great with this recipe – check it out here Burger & Slider Press