3 CHEESE CHIPOTLE BACON MAC & CHEESE
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 Tablespoon Flour (all purpose or Gluten Free*)
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups your favorite dried Pasta (regular or Gluten Free) you can use macaroni, penne, fusilli, shells or other pasta.
- 2 Cups Shredded Old Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cooked Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Hot Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Cook Pasta according to directions on package and drain.
- While Pasta is cooking – in a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter.
- Sprinkle in flour
- Working with a whisk combine melted butter and flour to make a roux. Continue to stir & cook 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in Milk while stirring continuously. Stir until sauce starts to thicken. May take 2-3 mins.
- Once sauce has thickened, remove from heat and immediately add cheeses, chopped bacon and hot sauce to the sauce pan. Stir until cheese has melted.
- Add cheese sauce to the cooked pasta
- Pour mixture into a large casserole dish
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes
- *if using Gluten Free flour – roux will be more smooth and bubbly vs thick and firm when using regular all purpose.