- 2lbs medium mushrooms – I like using Cremini
- 1 pckg (150g) Boursin Garlic & Fine Herb Cheese
- 3-4 pieces of cooked bacon – chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs*
- 1 tablespoon southern style dry rub seasoning (https://markbujold.ca/2020/05/16/southern-style-dry-rub/)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat Grill to 375F (can also be done in the oven on a cookie sheet)
- Brush any dirt off mushrooms and remove stems (these can be kept and used in other dishes. E.g. omelets, etc…).
- In a medium bowl – Crumble cheese. Fold in chopped bacon.
- Stuff caps with cheese mixture – will vary based on size of mushroom but likely 1 heaping tablespoon.
- In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs with spice. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir until combined.
- Top each stuffed mushroom with seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Carefully place mushrooms on grill over indirect heat – for 15-20 mins.
- Once the mixture is heated through and tops have started to turn golden – remove from heat and let cool slightly. If cooking in the oven – place mushrooms on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned
Note – * can be made gluten-free by substituting for Gluten-free panko breadcrumbs. You can also add sauteed chopped garlic scapes to the cheese mixture.