- 6-8 oz of Crab meat
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ to ½ Teaspoon Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil for cooking.
- Extra Chives for garnish (optional)
- Break up crab meat. I use 1lb of Atlantic Snow Crab legs & clusters – cleaned and shell/cartilage removed which yielded about 7oz of meat. Kitchen shears work great for this.
- In a medium bowl combine crab meat, bread crumbs and chives.
- In a separate bowl mix mayonnaise, egg, hot sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fold mayo mixture into crab meat mixture.
- Using ¼ cup of the mixture – form into cakes. Should make 6 appetizer sized cakes.
- Place crab cakes on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet (or plate) and refrigerate for minimum 30 mins.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan
- Cook crab cakes for 3-4 mins until golden brown then flip cooking an additional 3-4 mins on the other side.
- Serve topped with aioli or other sauce of your choice. Garnish with chives.
- Most cooking oils will work. I typically use canola for this as it doesn’t add any flavor but I have used olive oil as well.
- Paneriso Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs are tasty and stay crispy. Even those who do not eat GF will enjoy them.
- Do not flip the patties too early while cooking as they may fall apart.